Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Welcome to my blog...

I'm Andy Winter and I'm going to use this blog to talk about the comics I write. I've been doing something similar here www.myspace.com/andywinter1 for the past six months or so but you have to be a MySpace member to see it, so I thought it was time to try and expand my audience a bit.

For anyone not familiar with my work, here's a quick rundown of what I do...

I write and publish my own comics and graphic novels under the name Moonface Press. This has been going on since 2002, when I published my first graphic novel, Devilchild Volume I: Hell Is Round The Corner. Two more volumes of Devilchild followed in 2004 and 2005 before I called it a day on the series.

Since then I've been publishing one-shot US format titles. The first of these was Hero Killers, which was released late last year, and the next is Blood Psi, which hits comic stores in July. Both Hero Killers and Blood Psi were carried by Diamond Comics Distributors. Blood Psi is solicited in May's edition of Previews.

My next published work will be a seven-page story called Pop Zombies (with artist Natalie Sandells). It's due to appear in Zombies, an anthology released by British indie publishers AccentUK in May.

Beyond that, I've just finished writing the script for Septic Isle, a gritty spy story set in post-7/7 London, and am currently working on Brothers, a superhero tale about two feuding metahuman siblings. In other words, I'm keeping really busy so should have lots to talk about here. Stick around if you're interested in finding out more about me and my work...

No comments: