Thursday, April 26, 2007

Blood Psi website and telly trouble

The Blood Psi micro-site is now open for business. Amongst other things, you'll find a 10-page downloadable PDF preview and some nice new character sketches courtesy of the book's artist Keith Burns. It's here: www.bloodpsi.com.

* This week has been all about tying up promotional loose ends for Blood Psi to coincide with the release of the new Previews (out now, I think). I've just done a massive postcard mail-out to US and UK retailers in a bid to persuade them to order the book. I think this strategy worked quite well with Hero Killers but, to be honest, I'm basing that assertion on a hunch rather than any properly collated information. That's the problem with this promotion and marketing malarkey, you really have no idea which bits of your plan have worked and which bits have made no impact whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm hopeful of getting a decent number of orders. The new Buffy Season 8 comic has been doing big numbers so I'm hoping my very own vampire comic lures in some of the Joss Whedon crowd.

* The TV in our main living room has been broken all week. Normally, this wouldn't be so bad because a) it'll be fairly easy for me to catch up on favourite shows such as Prison Break and BSG at the weekend after it's fixed and b) less TV for my square-eyed three-year-old, Dylan, can only be a good thing.

The thing is, lack of telly means my missus has the radio on. Now, I adore my wife but her taste in music is truly appalling. Under normal circumstances, I'd find it impossible to stomach more than about two minutes of Magic FM but I've had to listen to hours of it. I swear to god they've got Annie Lennox, Phil Collins, Eric Clapton and Ronan cocking Keating on a permanent loop. Even Bono jamming with Bloc Party would be preferable to this. Just.

Pity me.

1 comment:

Mick said...

I pity you. Where I work the radio mafia insist we listen to either BRMB (which is part of the Capital group and therefore rubbish) Heart (also rubbish) or Saga, which is for elderly people. So it's either two month old pop music on a loop,(usually Take That) at least six months old soppy pop music (usually Ronan Keating) on a loop, or really out of date pop music (usually Matt Monro)on a loop.
This really does my head in- going to work is bad enough without listening to Coldplay five times a day. I fantasise about reducing the radio to lego with a twelve-bore.