Monday, April 7, 2008

Number five is alive...

THE fifth in my series of columns about self-publishing is now up at indiereview.co.uk. This one is aimed at creators about to attend their first comic convention as exhibitors and works as a 10-point checklist of things not to forget. You'll find it here...

http://www.indiereview.co.uk/index.php/articles/latest-articles/starting-out-5-conventions.html

* WITH Septic Isle at the printer (we're at the correcting proofs stage now) and the three movie outlines written, there was a brief moment at the end of last week where I felt I'd cleared the decks. Then I remembered I'd still got a script for Kurse to get on with and a ton of lettering for the six-issue, superhero mini-series that I'm publishing but not writing (expect an announcement soon about this). Looks like my forthcoming week off work is going to be as restful as ever...

* FINALLY saw the Ghost Rider movie last night and found it a frustrating, underwhelming experience. Nicolas Cage, Peter Fonda, Sam Elliot and Eva Mendes were all fine and the effects budget clearly had a few quid in it, but the script was rotten and the baddies under-developed to the point of anonymity. A missed opportunity...

2 comments:

jamie said...

'8.Help...'
can i volunteer to sit for a few minutes?
it's because i love/crave the attention.

jamie said...

'9.Pens and paper...'
i'll even sketch,so long as people are prepared to wait...and wait...and wait...
lol,i'll bring my 'fast pens'.