Monday, November 10, 2008

Skinner and stuff


Tim Skinner: Total Scumbag is finished and with the printer. Dec and I are both very proud of our latest collaboration and can't wait to get it out there. The 36-page, full-colour book will make its debut at the Dublin City Comic Con over the weekend of November 22-23 and will then go through the process of being submitted to Diamond.

You can find out more about the Dublin event here: www.dublincitycomiccon.com

Oh, and here's the blurb from the book's back cover for anyone not up to speed with the idea behind Tim Skinner...

"Soon after Tim Skinner inherited his grandfather's old comic book collection he discovered something extraordinary - it was magic and by making a simple wish he could step into the pages of any of the fabulous four-colour fantasies his heart desired. He could hang out with cowboys, futuristic robots or whingeing adolescent mutants.

Unfortunately, Tim is a loathsome piece of garbage and instead of enjoying fun and frolics in a universe of action and adventure he brutalises and exploits his comic-book chums for his own nefarious ends.

Truly, Tim Skinner is a total scumbag!"

* I'd really hoped to attend the Thought Bubble comics festival in Leeds this weekend but, unfortunately, it clashes with my son's fifth birthday. It's a shame as I've heard nothing but positive things about the event since its debut last year.

* Septic Isle hit UK stores last week and should arrive Stateside in the next fortnight. I know I've been doing this for a while but I still get a little buzz when I walk into a comic shop and see one of my book's shelved alongside other new titles from the likes of Marvel, DC and Image. I'm sad like that.

* There's a cracking Future Shock - called "The Lie" - in last week's 2000AD (PROG 1611) written by my pal Dave Baillie. If you're quick, you should still be able to grab yourself a copy.

1 comment:

David Baillie said...

Thanks for the plug, mate!
Shame you can't make it to Leeds, I was looking forward to a chinwag with you. Give me a shout next time you're in town with time to kill!

dave